I have been working on high-profile games for the iPhone during the past 18 months, moving from junior engineer to lead engineer to co-founder and CTO all within that period. I have proven that I am capable of programming all aspects of video games, as well as managing other engineers to finish tasks as a team. In addition, I have shown that I am creatively capable of designing games that are fun.
I've launched my career as a video game programmer, and I would like to continue that path with whatever companies I work with. I have extensive experience with multiple platforms, and would love to explore new ones. I am also interested in pursuing other unique opportunities in the software realm.
University of Redlands, Redlands, CA 2004-2008
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Computer Science, minor in Creative Writing. Cumulative GPA of 3.8, and a GPA of 3.95 in major/minor.
Co-Founder and CTO, Factory Games, San Francisco, CA 2008-2010
Factory Games is a San Francisco-based startup that I helped start. We have worked on games for Xbox Live and WiiWare (unpublished), as well as released the iPhone games Valet Hustle and dizm SKATE. I was responsible for almost the entirety of Valet Hustle's code and engine.
Team Producer and Instructor, University of Redlands, Redlands, CA 2007-2008
I led a class consisting of 17 students/developers my senior year at the University of Redlands. Over the course of a year, we planned, designed, and created a full-fledged MMORPG that existed with the online creative community SecondLife.
Visual Resources Coordinator, University of Redlands, Redlands, CA 2005-2008
I was in charge of keeping the LunaImaging Insight server up and running and training others in how to use it. Above all else, this required computer troubleshooting ability and adaptability; I needed to use Java, Apache, MySQL, and many other technologies.
Trip Leader, Adventures Cross Country, Mill Valley, CA and Costa Rica 2008
Responsible for leading 15 high school students on a 21-day outdoor service trip to Costa Rica. This involves being accountable for all medical matters, transportation, group dynamics, planning itinerary, and providing anything else that the participants may need.
Web Programmer and Designer, Freelance 2007
I enhanced other people's PHP/HTML/MySQL code as well as created full websites from scratch for various clients. This meant requirements gathering, software engineering, and programming. I also interacted with customers, met deadlines, and addressed complications with different types of software (MSSQL vs MySQL, ASP vs PHP, etc.).
* Overall understanding and adaptability with all aspects of computer software, including software engineering techniques.
* Proven creative ability for game development, as well as the ability to implement other peoples' tasks.
* Experience leading engineering teams to come to a common goal. Leadership and training experience in the areas of team building, conflict resolution, and decision making.
* Demonstrated written and communication skills.
* Intermediate French (Reading, Writing, Speaking).
* First-aid and CPR trained (via Wilderness First Responder).
HONORS & ACHIEVEMENTS
* Phi Beta Kappa.
* Magna Cum Laude, University of Redlands, June 2008.
* Computer Science departmental honors.
* Lawrence R. Harvill Award for Excellence in Computer Science (given each year to a senior CS major).
* Outdoor Programs Trip Leader of the Semester.
* Nomination for Student Employee of the Year 2007 (Visual Resources Coordinator, 1 of 16 out of 500 candidates).
* Medaled in two categories in Ludum Dare #13 (2008), placed in the top 25% overall.
* Finalist in JGO Comp 2008. Organized and ran JGO Comp 2009.
* Selected as a judge for the Java 4k Game competition 2009 and 2010.
Available upon request. Contact me!
Contact and Personal Information