Work on this game started in February 2008. You play as a spy who uses her incredible parkour skills to sneak
into enemy bases and rescue the world from nuclear destruction. Agent: 00PK isn't anywhere near done, but there's
plenty to demo - check the PLAY link below. And if you don't know what parkour is, be sure to check this link:
- Over 40 different parkour moves your character can perform (not all implemented yet).
- Realistic physics (a modified version of Phys2D, and currently the gravity is too low).
- Adaptive AI (current not a very good AI because the learning function has issues, but nonetheless uses a Q-Learner algorithm).
- Pretty sprites made with PNG-16 encoding, and expansive compressed backgrounds (although I haven't made nearly all the graphics yet).
- An intricate level editor that allows you to construct anything you can imagine.
- OpenGL and OpenAL via LWJGL.
- Robots with simple AI and Guards with Q-Learning AI. Lasers, bullets, homing missiles.
- If you're at standing and hold the jump button, you'll do a crazy super jump.
- You can often grab an edge from an inappropriate distance, or can't grab one when you should be able to.
- If you try to play past the third level, the game will break (no other levels made yet).
- If you see an "ugly" sprite, it's because the animation for it hasn't been added in yet.
- You can't jump while running.
The controls are all customizable, but it should be noted that they're very context sensitive. If you're using the defaults, here are some hints:
- Move around with the left and right arrow keys.
- Press C while moving to do a forward jump. Press C while still to do a standing jump.
- Hold C when near an edge to have your character grab and hang (for as long as you hold C).
- While hanging with C, also press Z and X to do a pullup and get on the ledge (careful this is sort of buggy, you might be hanging too low to actually get up).
- If you have just jumped at a wall, press Z, X, and C, to do a "Tic Tac," which will propel you in the other direction.
- If you have just jumped at a wall, press C to do a Wall Jump. Currently, this is broken.
- If you are landing from a drop, hold down C to do a parkour roll. This will lower the likelihood of death from falling.
- If you are landing from a drop, hold down X to do a precision landing. This increases your friction on landing.
There are cheats in the game to mess around with things.
- Kitty Cat Kong
- Joints of Steel
- Bullet Speed
- I am David Belle
- Moon Shoes
- Coo Coo Raw Cha
Have fun! There is a significant amount of tweaking that needs to happen to make this game more enjoyable, but you'll get the idea.
And in order to finish a level, follow your compass in the bottom right corner. It will lead you to a glowing arrow that is the "exit."
A good hint for getting past the guards is that they can't shoot you while you hang on a ledge. Try it out.
Latest Webstart update: May 13, 2008
- April 13, 2008 - Initial upload of early build.
- April 14, 2008 - Support added for all OS's, repeat texture loading bug fixed.
- April 15, 2008 - Simple AI added, more guards placed in levels, JNLP file size optimized, texture loading optimized. Debug turned off, with cheat (Coo Coo Raw Cha) to turn it back on.
- April 16, 2008 - Training levels being worked on, physics further tweaked, pushable blocks added, individual hit boxes for hands added. Destructible terrain being worked on.
- May 13, 2008 - Robots added. Homing missiles added. Level selector added. Webstart custom level support added. Webstart save file support added. Bug fixes and tweaks. Sound added. Level loading optimized.