The Best Game Evar 2: LameBoy's Revenge
Status: In Development
PLAY (oops, link not up yet)
The Best Game Evar 2, or BGE2 for short, is an SNES-style top-down RPG. It was in development for a year before it was abandoned
for an unknown period of time. It currently has no planned release date. Eli's brother Zac helped him program this game a bit, although
practically everything is Eli's code.
Want to help?
- TBE2 is not a sequel, there is no TBE1.
- The game is meant to be a farce and a parody on all RPGs ever made, and is thus very cynical and designed to be hilarious.
- Includes an innovative class system never seen before, based around different combinations of the three base beings:
The Ninja, Zombie, and Pirate, because everything in the world is a certain percentage of each.
- Has the unique ability to kill absolutely anyone or anything, and have absolutely anyone or anything join your party.
- Incredibly customizable: the entire game is created using a map editor called LameMaker which is provided with the game.
Therefore anyone has the power to make their own levels or scenarios, and because LameMaker has its own scripting language
that can access almost any method in the game you can make your own mini-games or special events.
- All images and sounds are accessed from an external folder and can be easily replaced, modified, or added to so that you can change
up the provided game or further customize your own.
- A longer-than-average quest is possible because of the ease in making levels.
- A unique combat system that includes dynamic timing between player combat and a new stat system more dynamic than most.
Estimated Completion Percentages
- Artists: We really need some good artists to draw the game. We are unsure as to whether we will use 3D-turned-2D or have actual frame by frame art.
This largely depends on whether or not anyone will help. It would be great to have someone to draw.. well... everything. Logos, environments,
characters, weaponry, etc. etc. If you like to draw and want an amusing outlet, look us up. Don't be worried about rush on completion or anything
like that, either.
- Musicians: I can always whip up a bit of techno or whatever for the background music, but I am not particularly talented and having someone who wants
to showcase their skills would be greatly appreciated. We'll need background music in many different places, as well as menu loops and the like.
- SFX Artists: Like music, I can make fun little homemade effects, but having someone who is good at this kind of thing would be great. Weapons clashing,
coins clinking, wolves howling - the works. If you think this would be a fun activity, go ahead and contact me.
- Level Designers: We're going to need people who have at least a bit of programming
knowhow and who think they can design fun block puzzles, interesting mazes, and diverse towns. Level Designers will use LameMaker to create the levels
used in the game. Anybody who just wants a fun little project to do has the outlet right here. Simply making one house would be a great addition, and
with LameMaker it will take practically no time at all. And because LameMaker has such diverse control over your levels, you could even put yourself
inside the house and paste your face in as your conversation icon. Make a sprite for your computer and you can even have that spot on your keyboard
within the house you designed. I really hope people will be interested in adding just a little bit to level design, as we want it all to be as diverse
and fun as possible.
A few notes:
- Moving Around and Collision Detection - 100%
- Main World Animation and Drawing - 100% (all converted to LWJGL!)
- Links Between Areas - 100%
- NPC Design and Implementation - 90%
- Combat System - 60%
- Windows and Menus - 70% (need to design item and class windows)
- Item System - 90%
- Actual Designed Items - 1%
- Actual Designed Character Abilities - 1%
- Animation Layers (Bkgd, Mid, Fore, etc.) - 100%
- Puzzle Items (Blocks and the like) - 25%
- Stat System - 40%
- Job System (the character classes) - 30%
- LameMaker Event Script - 100%
- LameMaker Interface - 100%
- LameMaker Version Portability - 100%
- Event Script Optimization - 100%
- Overall Story & Level Completion - 10%
BGE2 is currently made in OpenGL with LWJGL. We don't need or want any more coders. We're making it at our own sweet pace.
If you had any interest in any of the jobs listed above, please use the contact link to let me know.